October 29 field study

 date and time October 29 12:48pm

present climate conditions: Sunny really nice outside, chilly when in the shade but warmer when in the sun. Barely any wind

temperature: 64

Sunrise: 8:15am

Sunset: 6:41pm

organisms smelled, felt, heard, or seen, etc: I could hear some birds and there was a very large croud at the soccer stadium next. When we went closer to the water I could hear the stream and the leaves falling in the water prettily

changes noticed since the last visit: It was way prettier, the leaves on the trees have started to change a lot more and some of the trees have almost no leaves but the ones that do have really pretty colors.

sound mapping and sketch : I sat for about 5 minutes and listened to all the things and then I sat for another like 10 minutes while i was doing my sketch and if I heard anything new I would add it. ( My drawing is bad but I did my best and it took me way to long and I restarted like 3 times) My sketch is of a leaf laying on a rock in the stream.


any other data or impressions from the observation time: Just that the days are getting shorter, the sun rises later and sets earlier which makes me tired earlier and it be harder to get up in the mornings.

any experiences, questions, thoughts related to awe and stewardship: Im in awe of all the colors and how something like trees that we see so often can still amaze me every fall when I see them.

questions about what you are seeing: I just wonder why some trees are completely full of leaves and others have no leaves and how if the are kinda linked in the soil how they are also so different.



Comments

  1. Great work! I understand with the sketching...but I bet you noticed some things as you were working at it! (and that's the goal!). Bonus if you figure out the answer to your question and post it with your next visit. Things to think about: is it location? species? amount of sunlight? soil type? moisture? etc.? (is there more than one thing?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

October 14 Field study

November 30 visit

September 28 Field study